I’ve just received the latest edition of The Littleport Society magazine, so thought i’d share the event info with you that covers the next few months. I’ve been a member of the society for years now and they are exceptionally helpful.
- 1st September: Alan Litshel – “Bottles 1870-1920”
- 6th October: Hilary Ritchie – “History of nursing at Addenbrookes Hospital”
- 3rd November: Malcolm Gaskill – “The Devil in Cambridgeshire – the witch hunting campaign 1645-1647”
- 1st December : Iain Harvey – Christmas organ concert (in St George’s Church)
- 5th January: Tessa West – ‘Companion to Owls – life of a Huguenot family in the fens in the 1600s’
- 2nd February: AGM and member’s short talks
- 2nd March: Gordon Easton – ‘Growing up in the fens – a humble tiller of the soil’
- 6th April: Bill Wittering – History of the Royal Mail
- 4th May: Peter Carter – The Last of the Eel Catchers
- 1st June: Gerald Siviour – East Anglia Railways – the last 50 years.
- 6th July: Mike Petty – ‘Fenland History on your computer – the library on your laptop’
All meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (except for August when there are no meetings) at 7.30pm at the Village Hall, Victoria Street, Littleport, Cambridgeshire. Non-members are welcome.
Please note that events/talks are subject to change.