So here comes 2012! How do you see in a New Year?
Whilst still just another 24 hours, looking back it has played a role in a range of historic events in my family. Here’s a list of some of them.
On this day: 1st January..
- 1815 – Sarah Yarrow was baptised at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1890 – Thomas Kempton Yarrow married Kate Sarah Kempton at St Mary’s Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- 1898 – Eliza Freeman married Arthur Digance at Coveney, Cambridgeshire.
- 1921 – Leonard Arthur Barber was born in Witchford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1986 – Sidney Albert Fitch dies aged 77 years.
Has someone in your family tree marked New Year’s Day for a different reason other than a new year?