DELVE INTO THE ARCHIVES
TOPICSAbbotsley Babbage Bailey Barber Bedfordshire Best Practice Bishop Books Botesdale Bowers Brightwell Burnell Cambridgeshire Census Clarke Cooper Coppingford Coveney Crime Cross Devon Dewey Dunham Elveden Ely Events Fairy Family Tree Farmers Fenland Flower Foreman Franks Freeman Geneabloggers Genealogy Genealogy Events Giddings Gilbert Goodsole Gothard Haddenham Hale Harrison Hawkins Head Heir Hunters Howard Howlett Huntingdonshire Jeffery Levitt Little Downham Littleport Little Thetford Martin Mildenhall Miller Moden Newell Newman News Norfolk Occupations Odd Ong Poll Publicans Railwaymen Researching Royalty Seasonal Shopkeepers Skeel Soham Somerset Steadman Stretham Suffolk Surname Saturday Swaffham Bulbeck Taylor Technology Television The Web Tingay Tingey Tombstone Tuesday Truelove Wartime WDYTYA Weaver Wentworth Wicken Wilburton Witcham Witchford Wordless Wednesday Wright Yarrow
- ...and for the record (see what i did there?), Chatteris is about 10 miles North from me. @PryorFrancis 2 hours ago
- For Where is Chatteris? wp.me/p27n4M-jo via @PryorFrancis #history #cambridgeshire #archaeology 2 hours ago
- RT @SempaiScuba: 18 May 1152: Henry II of England married Eleanor of Aquitaine. #History 3 days ago
- RT @fossildotty: #ff genes @GenealogyBank @genesreunited @GenealogyGirl @LondonHistorian @FamilyTreeUK 3 days ago
- RT @annietock: RT @mattrubery: New BBC Radio 4 series: daily life for people with disabilities in 18th and19thc bbc.in/10XnTVF #twi… 4 days ago
Category Archives: Farmers
Surname Saturday: GILBERT – The Gilbert family of Huntingdonshire and Cambridgeshire are the focus of this week’s meme day. Continue reading
Shirehorses, originally uploaded by familytreeuk.
Farming, originally uploaded by familytreeuk.
James and Elizabeth Gilbert’s Gravestone, originally uploaded by familytreeuk. This headstone stands in the cemetery in Littleport, Cambridgeshire. The Gilbert family were and are land owners in the area. The stone shows that Elizabeth and James died close together – … Continue reading
One of the family trees that I am currently climbing has a bit of an evolutionary name. The most recent incarnations in the late-19th century are ‘Brightle’, ‘Brightley’ and ‘Brightly’ as found in Littleport and Little Downham fenland, Cambridgeshire. The … Continue reading
The Gilbert Family at Littleport, originally uploaded by familytreeuk. Earlier this year I was given this incredible photograph showing three generations of my Gilbert family outside their house at Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire. Second from the right (not counting … Continue reading