DELVE INTO THE ARCHIVES
TOPICSAbbotsley Babbage Bailey Barber Bedfordshire Best Practice Bishop Books Botesdale Bowers Brightwell Burnell Cambridgeshire Census Clarke Cooper Coppingford Coveney Crime Cross Devon Dewey Dunham Elveden Ely Events Fairy Family Tree Farmers Fenland Flower Foreman Franks Freeman Geneabloggers Genealogy Genealogy Events Giddings Gilbert Goodsole Gothard Haddenham Hale Harrison Hawkins Head Heir Hunters Howard Howlett Huntingdonshire Jeffery Levitt Little Downham Littleport Little Thetford Martin Mildenhall Miller Moden Newell Newman News Norfolk Occupations Odd Ong Poll Publicans Railwaymen Researching Royalty Seasonal Shopkeepers Skeel Soham Somerset Steadman Stretham Suffolk Surname Saturday Swaffham Bulbeck Taylor Technology Television The Web Tingay Tingey Tombstone Tuesday Truelove Wartime WDYTYA Weaver Wentworth Wicken Wilburton Witcham Witchford Wordless Wednesday Wright Yarrow
- RT @LynnPal: Did your ancestors arrive from the UK? Check out this helpful new online magazine! ow.ly/lhzRz #familyhistory #gene… 16 hours ago
- Disgracefully, i have never been in the @Cambridge_Uni Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. Need to fix that. 17 hours ago
- Just spotted a typo i did on an old blog post - instead of Grace Violet Moden, she became Grace Violent Moden. Oops. #genealogy 17 hours ago
- BLOG: Wordless Wednesday - Wilburton school children c.1919 wp.me/pa5Bs-ic 17 hours ago
- ...and for the record (see what i did there?), Chatteris is about 10 miles North from me. @PryorFrancis 1 day ago
Category Archives: Ely
A family bible for the Nokes family (seemingly of Essex) sits unloved in the corner of an antiques store in Ely, Cambridgeshire. Continue reading
Staff at Granger’s Fruit Preserving Co. (Ely), originally uploaded by familytreeuk.
Two gravestones in Ely Cemetery, Cambridgeshire from the CROSS and JEFFERY families. Continue reading
The Mound, originally uploaded by familytreeuk. This large mound in the city cemetery at Ely, Cambridgeshire is believed to be the mass grave for many people who died during an epidemic. It may have been something like cholera, which swept … Continue reading
Information about the CROSS family from Ely, Cambridgeshire and their impact on the city, and travels to Australia. Continue reading
The Newman family of Cambridgeshire are this week’s Geneabloggers topic for ‘Surname Saturday’ – a story of illegitimacy, windmills and dinosaur poop. Continue reading
The surname of Moden appears twice in my ancestry and several other times through marriage. My two ancestral occurrences are both on my maternal side, and even though they only live less than 10 miles apart (sometimes less), I’ve yet … Continue reading
Newman funeral group 1925, originally uploaded by familytreeuk.